Monday 1 December 2014

Interiors - A Woodland Inspired Master Bedroom

Unfortunately it looks like I'm going to have to redecorate my master bedroom. Thankfully I've not really done anything with this room since moving in, but it looks like there's water getting in (from the chimney) and it's made the wallpaper wet, stained and I've got mould growing now. Just what I need!! First up is to obviously resolve the chimney issue, and once that's done the plan will be to strip the wallpaper and get the room itself sorted. I haven't budgeted for this and it's come at a bad time with Christmas around the corner, but I'll do what I can to get everything ship-shape!

In the meantime, I've been planning in my head what I'd like the room to look like when it's all finished. I can dream right?! I thought I'd share with you here my ideas...

I have a thing for foxes, so I thought I would make plans for a woodland-inspired master bedroom that would allow me to include a few foxy items!

Colour-scheme wise I thought I'd go for grey (because my bed is grey), maybe a bit of slate blue and a pop of orange.


I have already updated my bed linen and managed to find a reasonably priced bedding set from Matalan that is grey with a leaf design (I can't find it on their website, so I don't have a link to share with you - sorry). This sort of ties in with my forest theme. I had ideally wanted trees or bark image on my duvet but it was proving to be too expensive.

My thoughts were that I'd get a fox print for the wall as well as a few forest or orange-coloured prints or paintings...here are my initial finds:


And then buy a couple of fox cushions and orange throw cushions for the bed.



Watch this space to see how I get on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beauty with a Conscious

I volunteer most weeks with the Prince and Princess of Wales hospice, located in Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, where I deliver a mindfulness m...