Tuesday 30 July 2013

{Top Ten Movies}

I had been trying to come up with my list of top ten movies, but I'm really struggling to narrow it down (I'm at twenty!!).

Anyway, I thought I'd share it here as it's probably quite insightful (in no particular order)...

  • The Life of David Gale - this probably is my all time favourite
  • The Game - again, definitely up there in the top 5. 
  • The Holiday - I watch this every Christmas and love it
  • Taken - not so impressed with Taken 2 though
  • Hannibal - funnily enough I don't think I've seen Silence of the Lambs, should really sort that
  • Gothika - I love scary movies, but ones that could actually happen rather than giant spiders and the like. This movie terrified me!! 
  • Love Actually - I always cry when Emma Thompson opens the CD and not the necklace, but equally I laugh at loud when Hugh Grant does the dancing through Number 10 scene. Hilarious!
  • The Dark Knight - definitely more into Batman than Superman, but not the silly voice
  • Green Mile - I think Tom Hanks is a brilliant actor
  • My Girl - this was a childhood favourite of mine


  • The Truman Show
  • I Am Legend - the scientist in me loves this film
  • Forrest Gump
  • Castaway
  • Big - another childhood classic
  • Leon
  • The Little Mermaid - I could (& do!) watch this over and over with my kids
  • Lion King
  • Rio - this is my favourite kiddie movie at the moment - I urge you to watch it if you haven't done so already
  • New Years Eve - I saw this last year for the first time and I anticipate watching it each year, at New Years funnily enough! 




What's in your top ten (or 20)?

I'm running a competition just now to win a family cinema pass for the Sea Life Centre, Loch Lomond. Have a peek at this post to find out how to enter!

4 comments:

  1. i could never narrow it down to ten either! love truman show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Out of the 20 movies, I actually only own 9 of them. Haven't seen Truman Show in ages...

      Delete
  2. A list is definitely easier than picking just one! Off the top of my head I'd say Girl Interrupted, Secretary, A Life Less Ordinary, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Dogma, My Girl and Bugsy Malone have to be in there, but I could be here all day naming films!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know... I really struggled to even narrow it to 20. Keep thinking of new ones to add to the list.

      Delete

Beauty with a Conscious

I volunteer most weeks with the Prince and Princess of Wales hospice, located in Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, where I deliver a mindfulness m...