Saturday 3 September 2022

Skincare & Make-Up Routine

Living Mindfully

I've had a shift with my thoughts around consumerism and material possessions; a combination of Covid-19 and personal development has really opened my eyes to the world that we live in. I'm mindful now when I make a purchase, and typically what I do is I will write the item that I think I need onto a shopping list and if I still feel like it's needed a few weeks or a month down the line, then I will make a purchase. 

I'm trying hard to live with less; I'm by no means perfect, but the intention is there and I am doing my best (I feel I've been saying 'I'm doing my best' to my kids a lot lately, it's hard being a single mum with a pre-teen and a teenager under the one roof!). I do wonder what the planet is going to be like in the future if we continue on our current path, and so I try and do my bit (I don't always get it right mind you, and I know I could do better/more).

Skincare & Make-Up Routine

Historically I had an all singing, all dancing skincare routine with various cleansers, moisturisers and a host of different types of serum. More recently, I have a cleanser and a moisturiser, and I will occasionally use a facemask. That's it. And my skin is still in good, some might even say great, condition. (I was actually complimented on my glowing skin the other week!).

A few other things that contribute to my skin - I don't drink alcohol and I also use a collagen builder supplement daily.

In terms of make-up, I've really pared things back in this department too. Partly for time reasons; I don't want to spend an hour getting ready in the morning - my priorities lie elsewhere and there's also the fact that when I'm travelling in my campervan (@veritythevw), I want to be able to travel light. 

I had also been working with a nutritionist on what I consume (not only in the food, but everything else too) as I was trying to do my best to ensure my Crohn's Disease didn't flare up again. Part of this had been giving thought to the toxins that I allow into my body... this includes the products that I put on my face/body.

My current go to products are:

  • Tinted moisturiser (which has an SPF)
  • Under-eye concealer
  • Lipstick
  • Eyebrow cream
  • Mascara
  • Eyeshadow (which I don't typically always wear) 



The products that I do use are vegan and I buy when I can from certified B Corporations

B Corps are companies, verified by B Lab, to  meet high standards of social and environmental performance, transparency and accountability. There are 800 B Corps in the UK currently, and you can search the directory here

I get my pet food from a B Corp (Lily's Kitchen), toilet paper (Who Gives a Crap), clothing (Baukjen) and so on. 


/// Email Newsletter ///


Sign up for my weekly newsletter here - www.sarahstewart.co.uk



No comments:

Post a Comment

Beauty with a Conscious

I volunteer most weeks with the Prince and Princess of Wales hospice, located in Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, where I deliver a mindfulness m...