Sunday 1 November 2015

Memories - My Teenage Bedroom

The other day on the radio I heard the DJ asking the listeners about the posters they had on their walls as they were growing up...and it got me thinking of my own bedroom as a teenager and the celebs that I had posters of!

I was (and still am) a bit crap when it comes to taste in music, as my regular readers will be well aware of! So you will probably have guessed already that the posters I had up were rather embarrassing!

My parents let me stick up pictures all over my walls, and I ended up with Blu tac marks everywhere. I was a big fan of Hanson and pretty much had a whole wall dedicated to them!!


My other teenage crushes were David Duchovny (I loved The X Files) and Leonardo Dicaprio. I studied Romeo & Juliet at school and I remember going to the cinema to see the adaption with Dicaprio - I think I would have been about 14 years old. Then after that there was Titanic where I bawled my eyes out and fell more in love with Leonardo.



I've tried to find some photographs of my bedroom back then but I can't find them - they must be at my sister's house as she's storing some of my stuff at the moment. I'll see if she can dig them out next time I'm in Aberdeen!

What posters did you have on your wall growing up?



2 comments:

  1. Dawson's Creek, more particularly Joshua Jackson! I loved Pacey Witter so muuuuuuch! haha
    x
    Clem @ Ravacholle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya, we met last night at the Blue and Yellow place. Love the blog!!
    I had Adam Ant on the wall, which shows I am older than you. I did kiss him every night x

    ReplyDelete

Beauty with a Conscious

I volunteer most weeks with the Prince and Princess of Wales hospice, located in Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, where I deliver a mindfulness m...