Wednesday 8 April 2015

Beauty - My Favourite Perfumes

I remember vividly buying my first proper perfume, it was Tommy Hilfiger and I was maybe 16 years old. Since then I've used a few different scents. ck one was another perfume I used a lot as I was growing up. Then Jean Paul Gaultier Classique. Ah, the memories!




At the moment I've been using Marc Jacob Daisy Eau So Fresh and Chloe. I was very lucky to win these in a hamper from People Loves Glasgow at the end of 2013 for my Christmas jumper antics! But I didn't choose these fragrances and I'm not sure they necessarily reflect me or my taste.

I like perfumes that are a bit different and unique. I like perfumes that are noticeable. I used to wear Calvin Klein Euphoria for years and you would have known if I had walked down the corridor according to my fellow PhD students. However I wore Euphoria on my wedding day and following my separation I haven't gone back to it.


Ever since then I've been searching for the right perfume for me.

I've tried a couple of fragrances over the past three years, but I'm still not sure if I've found one that suits me.

Estée Lauder Sensous Noir


Gucci by Gucci


Bottega Veneta


My female colleagues didn't like Bottega Veneta (apparently it smelt like insect repellant) but I got quite a few compliments from males when I wore this!

Some perfumes that are on my wish list are...

Armani / Prive Rose d'Arabie



Tom Ford Velvet Orchid


Jo Malone Dark Amber & Ginger Lily Cologne


What is your signature scent?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beauty with a Conscious

I volunteer most weeks with the Prince and Princess of Wales hospice, located in Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, where I deliver a mindfulness m...