Saturday 14 February 2015

Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day!


Do you love it or loathe it?

Personally I can take it or leave it. Is it bad that I'm not that bothered? I've bought Rick a card and a present, but I don't know if he's bought me anything. I honestly don't think I'd be upset if he didn't. We sort have already celebrated, as we were sent a Donald Russell Ultimate Valentine's Box to review. It was seriously the most amazing steak that I've ever had at home!

This year we're kiddie-free for the Valentine's weekend, and with all the driving and visiting family that I did last weekend for half term, I'm just looking forward to a relaxing day in the house! We've got to take the kittens to the vet (the poor wee things have been neutered/spayed and have to go for a check-up) and then I'll be coming home to lounge in my PJs!


In the past, I'd have been making little favours for my children's friends to celebrate Valentine's Day, but I've just not had the time (or the spare money)

My son chose a card (with chocolate cupcakes on the front) to give to one of his girlfriends at school and he also decorated a few envelopes to hand out to some of the boys, which he did yesterday. I don't think any of them realised it was to do with Valentine's Day though! It was nice to see the reaction of one of the boys who was on the receiving end of an envelope. He was so pleased, and after my son had disappeared round the corner, he was waving it about to one of the other boys shouting 'look what I was just given by xxx'. I think he felt quite special. Very cute - it was just an envelope! It was my very own 'Secret Life of 5 Year Olds' moment. (I've just finished watching Secret Life of 4 Year Olds on 4oD and it was rather amusing - my daughter is going to be 4 in April and I can already relate to show!)

Anyway, have a lovely day regardless of what you're up to!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Valentines you lovely lady!! I hope you have a relaxing weekend and spoil yourself with some 'me time' x

    ReplyDelete

Beauty with a Conscious

I volunteer most weeks with the Prince and Princess of Wales hospice, located in Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, where I deliver a mindfulness m...