Saturday 20 December 2014

Beauty: The Nail Tag

After spotting Alice Megan's nail polish tag, I thought I'd take part too!

I was terrible at painting my nails, but one of the tasks on my 35 at 35 list was to practice and to keep my nails looking nice for at least a month. I succeeded!

What's your favourite nail polish company? I've got a mix of different brands. My favourite used to be O.P.I. but to be honest I'm really liking Barry M polishes.

Glitter or no glitter? I love glitter! (although it can be a right nightmare to take off!)

From L to R: No7, Daisy Darling; Morgan Taylor, Time to Shine; and Barry M, Amethyst Glitter

When do you change your nail polish? I would potentially change it for a night out or special occasion, but otherwise I just tend to change it when it starts to chip.

Darks or brights? Both. I think it's good to mix things up a bit. I tend to wear darks during the autumn and winter and then swap for brights in spring and summer.

What are you wearing on your nails right this moment? I have a Bourjois navy colour with a Topshop gold ring finger (which was a gift from the St Enoch Centre last Christmas). Ta da:



Matte nails...in or out? I've never tried it, so for me it'd be out.

Do you like French manicures? I used to get the odd French manicure in my twenties and would occasionally get acrylic nails too, but I don't have the money to get manicures anymore so I do my polish myself and I'm not very good at French manicures!

What's your favourite winter colour? Hmmm... at the moment I'm loving grey (China Glaze, Concrete Catwalk) or a black sparkle (Barry M, Black Multi Glitter).

High street or high end? Both. Depends on how much cash I have! I used to buy O.P.I. and China Glaze polishes from Sally but more recently I've been buying Barry M from Superdrug.

Are you a pro polisher? I think I'm ok at doing nails. Not brilliant, and certainly can't do fancy nail designs or anything. But I can do a basic polish ok.

Do you use a top coat or a base coat? Yes, both. At the moment I'm using deborah lippmann Hard Rock hydrating hardener which was a gift from Bex at The Olive Dragonfly.

1 comment:

  1. You're definitely better at this nail lark than me I must take tips and start using a base and top coat!

    ReplyDelete

Beauty with a Conscious

I volunteer most weeks with the Prince and Princess of Wales hospice, located in Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, where I deliver a mindfulness m...