Thursday 21 March 2013

{Recipe: Orange Double Chocolate Cheesecakes}

The last recipe I shared was for a blueberry cheesecake, but whilst browsing my cookery books for #RecipeSwap I came across this amazing recipe for individual Orange Double Chocolate Cheesecakes that I just had to share! The recipe below makes 6. It's a little bit of a faff - I remember using countless bowls and making a bit of a mess, but it was worth it!!

{Ingredients}

25g butter
40g orange flavoured plain chocolate
125g digestive biscuits, crushed
150g good white chocolate
250g tub mascarpone
zest of 1 orange
1tsp orange juice
142mL carton double cream
3tbsp good strawberry jam, warmed and sieved
100g summer fruits (cherries, strawberries, raspberries, redcurrents)

{Method}

Line a 6-hole muffin tin with muffin cases.

Put the butter and plain chocolate into a pan and heat gently until melted.

Remove from the heat and stir in digestive biscuits.

Divide the mixture between the cases and press down lightly with the back of a teaspoon. Chill.

Break white chocolate into a heatproof bowl and rest over a pan of simmering water.

Remove from heat and stir until melted. Allow to cool slightly.

In a separate bowl, beat the mascarpone with orange zest.

In another bowl, whip the cream into soft peaks.

Mix the white chocolate into the mascarpone, then gently fold in the cream.

Spoon the mixture evenly into the muffin cases and chill for 1.5 to 2 hours until just firm.

To serve, carefully peel the muffin cases away from the cheesecakes and transfer to a plate.

Mix the orange juice with the jam.

Decorate the cheesecakes with the summer fruits and drizzle with a little of the warmed jam glaze.


In Blue Peter style, here's one I made earlier...

(I had a shop bought strawberry sauce in my fridge which I used to decorate the cheesecakes instead of making the glaze described above)

I'm also joining in again with Mrs M's Recipe Link Party for March.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Beauty with a Conscious

I volunteer most weeks with the Prince and Princess of Wales hospice, located in Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, where I deliver a mindfulness m...