Monday 17 November 2014

Interiors - My New Coffee Table

I've been on the hunt for a coffee table for my 'grown-up' living room and had been pinning loads and loads of inspiring photos but hadn't actually managed to source one that would work for me and the space available. My living room is medium sized, but with all the furniture that I already have in the room there isn't much available floor space left (goodness knows how I'm going to manage to squeeze in a Christmas tree too!). When I've had friends round we've had to have drinks and nibbles on the floor or on one of the kids stools, so I definitely needed a table of some sort!

This was the style that I was after and my plan was to then store Moroccan poufs or knitted stools under the table as additional seating for when we had guests over.



I quite liked the idea of a more industrial concrete coffee table, something along the lines of this one:


The littlest and I popped along to Sterling Furniture on London Road the other week to have a browse. It was definitely worth a visit and we picked up a few new Christmas decorations. Anyway, whilst I was there we had a browse at the coffee tables. There were a few that fitted the bill...

But the more I thought about it, the more I thought that a glass coffee table would help give the impression of more space.


In the end I've gone for a more economical option from Ikea. I had spotted this table on gh0stparties vlog and it's perfect for my living room too! I'm hoping that I'll still be able to get a pouf of some sort under there!


I've been busy styling the table for Christmas, and picked up a gorgeous mirrored tray from Debenhams the other day as I would quite like to recreate something along the lines of this...


Or this:


Here's the tray I've bought:


Once I've got the space more organised I'll take some photos and let you see the end result.




1 comment:

  1. very cool! I love the first picture, glass coffee table combined with golden color. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Beauty with a Conscious

I volunteer most weeks with the Prince and Princess of Wales hospice, located in Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, where I deliver a mindfulness m...