Monday 2 December 2013

{#ShareAdvent - Write and send a letter}

Today's #ShareAdvent prompt is to "write and send a letter".


I love sending and receiving mail the old fashioned way... although I've been so busy of late with the new house and all that I've been rubbish with my #PostCircle efforts (sorry fellow Grey Seals).

Anyway, the kids and I prepared a homemade card for their cousins and parcelled these up with some "Make your own Christmas Card" kits (from Tesco, I'm not organised enough to make my own) that have been popped into the local Post Office for delivery.


There's something about letters and the written word that appeals to me.

I've still got the letters that my mum wrote to me when I was working in America at summer camp in 2000. She died the following summer, and when I read the letters back it always brings a tear to my eye. 

I spotted on Pinterest that you can have a necklace made where handwriting is transformed into a piece of jewellery. Definitely something that's on my Wish List. Isn't that a lovely idea...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Beauty with a Conscious

I volunteer most weeks with the Prince and Princess of Wales hospice, located in Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, where I deliver a mindfulness m...