Friday 20 September 2013

{Recipes: Fish is the Dish}

There are three recipes using fish that I make regularly for the kids, and I thought I'd share them with you here. They're really simple and very quick.

Parsley & Tomato Fillets of Fish

Spread some tomato sauce (I had basil & tomato pasta sauce in the kitchen cupboard!) onto your fillets of fish on some tin foil. Sprinkle with a touch of salt, pepper and parsley. Fling in the oven for 12-15 minutes and serve with vegetables. I try to always have those steam bags of veg in the freezer... super quick & they taste alright.


Fish Cakes

Poach some fish fillets in the microwave in milk (takes like 2-3 min!). Drain and then flake the fish. Mix with some cooked peas and mashed potatoes. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs (I have some ready-to-use breadcrumbs from Sainsbury's in my store cupboard) and fry for a few minutes on either side to brown. Serve with baked beans and veg



Tuna Pasta

Cook some pasta, toss through a cheese sauce (sometimes I make from scratch, other times I buy ready made!) and fling in a tin of drained tuna. You can also add some peas and sweetcorn if you so wish. Serve with garlic bread.

Easy!!

What are your regular mid-week meals?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Beauty with a Conscious

I volunteer most weeks with the Prince and Princess of Wales hospice, located in Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, where I deliver a mindfulness m...