Monday 15 July 2013

{Recipe: Mango Creme Brulee}

Here's the final instalment in my three course menu that I used to cook frequently to impress guests... onto dessert of mango creme brulee. This was a recipe for raspberry creme brulee (originally from Sainsbury's magazine if memory serves me!) that I adjusted slightly to make it suit my Far Eastern themed menu!

{Ingredients}

284 mL pot of whipping cream
2 fresh bay leaves
4 large egg yolks
2 tablespoons caster sugar
One mango, cut into small cubes
Caster sugar, to serve

{Method}

Heat the cream with the 2 bay leaves to let the flavour infuse into the cream, then allow to cool for 20 minutes.

Whisk the egg yolks with caster sugar.

Gently reheat cream and whisk into the eggs through a sieve.

Put a small amount of mango in the bottom of each ramekin (you should get approx 4 creme brulees from this recipe).

Add the custard on top.

Put the ramekins into a baking tin half-filled with boiling water.

Bake at 140 deg C / 275 deg F / gas mark 1 for 30 minutes until set.

Cool, sprinkle with caster sugar and grill until caramelised.


I used to serve these with a little shortbread biscuit (shop bought to save time, sorry!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beauty with a Conscious

I volunteer most weeks with the Prince and Princess of Wales hospice, located in Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, where I deliver a mindfulness m...