Monday 4 March 2013

{Meal Planning Monday}


Here's the meal plan for this week:

Monday (just me) - a microwave low fat meal. (The kids are with me all week as their dad is away with work but they had dinner tonight at granny & grandpa's house to allow me to go to the doctor about my sore eye. The optician told me to see the doctor, and the doctor has told me to go and see the optician!!)

Tuesday - baked beans & scrambled egg on toast (the kids are usually at nursery on a Tuesday and Wednesday so they have a cooked lunch and then snack at 3pm which can sometimes consist of sandwiches! So by the time I have them home at 5pm for dinner, they're not normally that hungry and we just have a light dinner - but it now transpires that they have chicken pox and won't be at nursery this week - they didn't eat well tonight apparently so I think we'll stick with something quick & easy).

Wednesday - ham & cheese omelette

Thursday - pasta bolognese with garlic bread

Friday - mild chilli con carne with rice

Saturday - fish fingers

Sunday (just me) - something from the freezer or salad... whatever it is, it needs to be low fat!

We're getting into a new routine of pancakes on a Sunday morning (or Saturday if the kids are with their dad on Sunday). We have milk, Cheerios and a cuppa in bed and then we head downstairs and all three of us take turns in cracking eggs, measuring ingredients and mixing with the electric hand whisk. The kids love it! We use the recipe for 'Sunday pancakes' kindly shared by Gertie which you can find on her blog, Gertie & Ginger, here.


Pop along to Mrs M's blog to see what everyone else is cooking this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beauty with a Conscious

I volunteer most weeks with the Prince and Princess of Wales hospice, located in Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, where I deliver a mindfulness m...