Wednesday 2 January 2013

{Recipe: Chicken, Leek and Basil Pesto Pasta}

I have just finished making this pasta dish for dinner as I have a friend coming over with her kids, and it was in this weeks meal planning post.


{Ingredients}

4 chicken breasts, cut into strips
2 cloves garlic (I use garlic paste from a tube for ease)
2 leeks, trimmed, washed and cut into thin strips
100 mL white wine
4 teaspoons basil pesto (or add more to your liking - we are big fans in the Glasgow Mummy house!)
Half a pot of single cream
300 gram cooked pasta (I use fresh penne pasta for quickness)
2 tablespoons of fresh basil, shredded (I usually forget to buy fresh herbs, so I skip this ingredient but it still tastes good)
Parmesan, to serve

{Method}

In a wok, warm a little olive oil and fry the chicken until it starts to brown.

Add the garlic and leeks and cook until they start to soften.

Add the pesto, and toss in well.

Add the wine, bring to the boil and reduce by approximately half.

Add the cream, bring back to the boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer, allowing the sauce to thicken slightly.

Toss through the pasta (and fresh basil if you have any), then serve with grated parmesan.

It's so quick and easy... I used to cook this a lot before I became so lazy! Here's hoping the kids like it *crosses fingers*

I am going to serve it with some garlic bread slices from the supermarket that I can just throw in the oven for 12 minutes or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beauty with a Conscious

I volunteer most weeks with the Prince and Princess of Wales hospice, located in Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, where I deliver a mindfulness m...