It's a fairly new initiative from the Scottish Government to encourage simple fun for little ones and basically it's the ultimate children's checklist of things to do in the early years.
I thought I'd share the New Year's list with you here as it's Scottish themed with some Burn's Night activities thrown in.
For those of you that don't know, it's Burn's Night on Friday 25th January and to celebrate the life and poetry of Robert Burns many Scots will be eating haggis and drinking whisky at Burns Suppers around the country.
30 Braw Things to do Before You're Three
- Try a new fruit or vegetable in season
- Make a thank you card for Santa with help
from mum or dad
- Help mum or dad plant daffodil bulbs for spring
- Learn the actions to Auld Lang Syne
- Dance a jig on Burns night
- Make a seasonal calendar for the year ahead
- Eat haggis, neeps and tatties on Burns night
- Make a phone using two cups and string and pretend to call a friend
- Learn a new Scots word
- Make a Loch Ness Monster out of play dough
- Colour in a picture of Rabbie Burns
- Make a castle with chairs and sheets & pretend to be a clansman
- On a dreich day, learn to do a roly-poly indoors
- Make a paper aeroplane
- Go on a blue and white scavenger hunt around your hoose
- Have a teddy bear’s picnic
- Make an obstacle course indoors
- Make and fly a kite with help from mum or dad
- Learn the story of Robert Burns
- Draw or paint a saltire yer face with help from mum or dad
- Get wrapped up and visit a Scottish landmark
- Find where you live on a map of Scotland with help from mum or dad
- Snuggle up under a blanket for a Scottish story
- Make yer own paper cup Scotsman
- Make shortbread with help from mum or dad
- Make a wee moose with help from mum or dad
- Moo like a Hielan coo
- Paint yer own tartan
- Sing along to ‘You Cannie Shove Yer Grannie of a Bus'
- Challenge mum or dad to tug o’ war in your own Hielan Games
The PlayTalkRead bus is also going to be in Renfrewshire next week where your little ones can enjoy special Burn's day activities and crafts.