Friday 2 March 2012

{Fabulous Finds: Glasgow Southside Cafes & Restaurants}


Here's the lowdown on my favourite cafes and restaurants in Glasgow's Southside (in no particular order!)...

iKafe (Nithsdale Road, Pollokshields)

I was a regular at the iKafe for a number of years... however I'm not there as frequently as I used to (I was there at least once a week!). iKafe is great for coffee & cake (highly recommend the pecan pie), a nice lunch (there is a massive selection of sandwiches, wraps & baguettes) or a casual dinner. Great for with kids too - they made a pesto pasta especially for my toddler when we were there and he would recommend the cakes also!



La Tea Doh (Nithsdale Road, Pollokshields)

On the same stretch as iKafe, La Tea Doh is a great wee deli. I've sat in the window a couple of times and had a nice cup of tea and watched the world go by. They do great paninis too - yum! Not really pram-friendly though as it's just small - don't think there would be space for my double buggy!


Gusto & Relish (Pollokshaws Road)

I've been to Gusto & Relish a few times, once for one of their themed evenings for Glasgow Beer Week with my good friend Becky and they're great for lunch too. On another note, Becky also currently has her photographic prints displayed on the walls and they're for sale at £20 each (including the frame!).


The Bungo (Nithsdale Road, Strathbungo)


The Bungo has just recently opened and I went there with Becky for dinner a few weeks ago. I loved it  - such a great atmosphere and the food was amazing. Can highly recommend the Hendricks and Cucumber too! The interior feels quite industrial which I liked, and I loved the mood lighting (might be a bit dark for some people in the restaurant). I'll definitely be going back.

Ian Brown Food & Drink (Eastwoodmains Road, Clarkston)


I went here in December for lunch with friends to celebrate Becky's 30th birthday. It had been recommended by another friend, and I'm so glad we went. The food was superb, service was great, and again, I'll definitely returning for another visit. The restaurant interior has been done in collaboration with Paul Hodgkiss and the woodwork is just beautiful. 

eat cafe (Shawlands)

This is my favourite place at the moment. I love it here. I can't put my finger on it, but I just have a good feeling about this place. It's ideal for kiddies - lots of space. Again, toddler can highly recommend the cake! Everyone was really friendly and helpful, despite my son being a cheeky monkey and introducing himself to every person in there (embarrassed!). It also looks lovely at night because of all the fairy lights.... I love fairy lights. There is also the eat deli in Clarkston which I've been to a few times, but it's not so great for with the little ones as there is less space for my big double buggy.


Biscuit Cafe (Skirving Street, Shawlands)

Biscuit is another regular haunt of ours. Whilst we're there I try and pop into Paper Plane and Butterfly Kisses which are across the street. Biscuit have a lunch deal which I normally have where you can have a bowl of their hearty soup plus a half sandwich of your choice (from a selection). Food has always been good (except for once I had a fruit salad with yoghurt which I wasn't all that impressed with) and I can highly recommend their burger - yum!

The Giffnock Ivy (Fenwick Road, Giffnock)



Friends and I went to The Giffnock Ivy for dinner last year and I thoroughly enjoyed our meal and the service was also great. To be honest I can't actually remember what I had to eat, but please be reassured that that does not mean it wasn't up to much. It was lovely and I do want to go back, I've just not had the reason or opportunity. I was designated driver too, so can't blame my rubbish memory on the wine.... just baby brain I guess!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for great information you write it very clean. I am very lucky to get this tips from you



    Weight Loss Glasgow

    ReplyDelete

Beauty with a Conscious

I volunteer most weeks with the Prince and Princess of Wales hospice, located in Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, where I deliver a mindfulness m...