Monday 12 December 2011

{Fabulous Finds: Glasgow Southside Gift Shops}


Not sure how many of my readers are local to Glasgow, but I thought I'd share some of the shops that I go to when I'm looking for a unique gift as some of them also offer online shopping. If I'm not shopping online, then I do try to shop local and visit the little businesses that are in my area. I tend to pop to these shops every so often and top up my gift drawer (I have a chest of drawers in my guest bedroom that has gift bags, greetings cards, gift wrap, ribbons and gifts) so that I've always got a few bits & pieces for birthdays, new babies etc and then come Christmas-time I revisit my drawer and assign gifts to people - it means that I tend to not have to buy much in the way of Christmas shopping. 

Here's my list of fab little gift shops, in no particular order:


My neighbour recently opened a card & gift shop called Velvet Moon in Charing Cross and she has some lovely items... I bought a few Jelly Cat toys for my son & daughter's Christmas and a gorgeous glass heart jar for my sister's birthday. (Velvet Moon isn't in the Southside but I thought I'd add it to my list seeing as it's my neighbour's shop and she lives in the Southside!)




I found Annie's by chance as I was driving along one day and made the effort to go back for a browse and I wasn't disappointed. I've since been back a few times and just love everything! You can find Annie's at 521 Clarkston Road opposite Sainsbury's, and soon you will be able to shop online too.





I bought my son a fab 'Ladies Man' t-shirt by Cabbie Kids from Gifted in Clarkston a wee while ago, and you can also shop online with free delivery over £50.




There are two Nuala Ashe shops, one in Shawlands and the other in Clarkston. Both are brilliant and have a huge selection of beautiful gifts and cards.




I've only been to this shop on Clarkston Road once after finding them at the Country Living Christmas Fair at the SECC. I bought some very cute robin decorations from them as well as some other gifts and bits and pieces.




I love Marie Brown at Home and this is where I bought my True Grace Library candle. I try and stop by the shop whenever I'm in the area. They've always got amazing gifts for the home and also have some cards, jewellery and gifts for little ones. It's also where I bought my cute little truffle stand and glass domes.




The cafe here at the House for an Art Lover is fantastic and I've been a couple of times with friends for lunch. It's also right next door to the shop where there is a great selection of gifts. It's a bit of a squeeze in the shop and not ideal for with a pram, but it's definitely worth a visit (you can also shop online!).

House for an Art Lover cafe, Bellahouston Park, Glasgow


Paper Plane is a little gift shop on Skirving Street in Shawlands with lots of toys, books, cards, wrapping paper and nice toiletries. Definitely worth a visit if you're nearby.




I used to visit Butterfly Kisses in Shawlands a lot, but I've not been for a while. Anyway, they are right next door to Paper Plane (there is a door inside that joins them) and have a nice selection of housey gifts and they also have a range of clothing for kiddies and womenswear too. 

Why not pop over the road to Biscuit whilst you are there for a coffee and cake :-)




I've been to this little gift shop once and bought a baby book for my sister-in-law. It was somewhere I'd passed in the car and decided to go back to for a proper browse when I got the chance. I've not been back since, but it is possible to shop online with Pink Wafer too.


My sister lives in Aberdeen (where I'm from originally) and whenever I go to visit there are a few shops in Aberdeen I like to pop into so I'll try to share these in another post soon.

As always, do let me know what you think. Where do you get your gifts from? 



4 comments:

  1. Sadly I'm nowhere near Glasgow, but looking at these lovely shops is making me think I should come up for a shopping weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great little finds. I must check them out. I know of a few but will check the others x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also like to shop in small boutique shops over the unimaginative big chains, but I'm not always ready to buy straight away as I'm often in them when I'm on holiday and don't really want to start buying gifts and lug them around with me.

    So what I do is I always ask the shop keeper for a card, which they always have, and then when I get home I buy it from the online shop they nearly always have. The reason why shops should always have an online shop as well as a physical shop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really this blog shares valuable information about new gift ideas on Valentine day. You can make personalized gift for your friends with attractive designs.

    Online Gift Delivery in Jaipur

    ReplyDelete

Beauty with a Conscious

I volunteer most weeks with the Prince and Princess of Wales hospice, located in Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, where I deliver a mindfulness m...