This Summer Nick Jr. are touring the UK with special karaoke booths giving little ones the opportunity to create videos of themselves singing along to the Dora and Friends: Into the City! theme tune (I've listed the full tour dates at the bottom of this post). Karaoke booth videos can be entered into a competition where winning videos will feature on Nick Jr. giving your little ones a chance to star on TV!
My two are super keen to go and visit Dora and do some singing when the booth lands in Glasgow next month. If you can't make it along, don't fret... every day from 10am to 1pm you can watch your favourite Nick Jr. shows with on-screen lyrics so you can sing along too. You can also enter your own home video into the competition at nickjr.co.uk or on the Nick Jr. Facebook page.
We were sent a box of Dora and Friends: Into the City! goodies for the kids to try; this is a brand new toy range from Fisher-Price. The toys feature in the room tour I did of the littlest's bedroom which you will find on YouTube here.
Opening the goodies - thank you Nick Jr.
We've already been having great fun with Dora and Alana (£10.99 each)... so much so that we've misplaced one of their tops! Oops!! These dolls are great and are my favourite items from the toys were were sent, however the only thing I don't like about them is the shoes as they keep falling off! Despite the shoes, the dolls are robust and have already been in and out of the bath with the kids, been played with in and outside the house and are already a firm favourite.
Each 8" doll comes with a charm that can be attached to the bracelets which I think is a lovely concept...
The magic charm bracelet (£9.99, far left) features each of the Dora and Friends characters. The bracelet comes in a pack with two additional bracelets so you can share with your friends and customise the bracelets with the assortment of charms provided. This is a lovely concept and the littlest gave me one to wear to work! Some of the charms seem a little bulky for the bracelet, but the littlest has really enjoyed playing with these alongside the dolls. They're a great size for her to pop in her pocket for when we go on our own adventures.
The Dora Smartphone (£9.99) looks just like Dora's phone from the show and you can pretend to take photos, take calls and listen to phrases and songs. I think my kids were wanting more from the phone... however it's ideal for toddlers as there is just the one button to push.
There is going to be a Twitter Frenzy tomorrow (Monday 27th July) at 11am to Midday using the hashtag #DoraSingAlong where you will have the chance to win some great prizes!
Here are the full tour dates:
- Waterfields Retail Park, Watford (Dora Costume Character) – 27th July
- Westwood Cross Shopping Park, Thanet – 28th July
- St. David’s Retail Park, Swansea – 29th July
- Crown Retail Park, Leeds (Dora Costume Character) – 31st July
- Clifton Moor Retail Park, York (Dora Costume Character) – 3rd August
- Ravenhead Retail Park, St. Helens – 5th August
- Halls Mill Retail Park, Bury – 6th August
- Middle Engine Lane, Wallsend – 10th August
- Glasgow Fort Shopping Park, Glasgow (Dora Costume Character) – 12th August
- Boulevard Retail Park, Aberdeen (Dora Costume Character) – 14th August
Sky Retail Stands:
- Brent Cross, London – 18th-19th July
- The Centre MK, Milton Keynes – 25th – 26th July
- White Rose, Leeds – 1st- 2nd August
- Intu Eldon Square, Newcastle – 8th – 9th August
- Bon Accord, Aberdeen – 15th – 16th August
We were sent a selection of Dora and Friends toys to try. As always, opinions are honest and are my own.