Friday 8 May 2015

Travel - Our London City Break

At the weekend Rick & I flew to London to spend a couple of days with my sister and her other half Robin to celebrate Rick's 30th birthday.

We were staying at the Citizen M Bankside hotel, which was amazing. The interior was very trendy - bold colours, lots of cool accessories and funky lighting. The bedroom was extremely high-tech... literally everything was controlled from a tablet device... the curtains, the temperature, the TV... even the colour of the lights!

On Friday evening we went to the London Gin Club followed by dinner at Burger & Lobster. I wasn't feeling great and so we called it a night early and headed back to the hotel.

The next day I was thankfully on the mend and felt more like myself...phew! We joined the others for breakfast at the hotel and I stuffed myself with pastries, hot chocolate, delicious fruit salad with a basil syrup, granola, yoghurt and a selection of cold meats, cheese & bread! This then called for a walk to help all that food digest!! We headed to the Tate Modern which is a walking distance from the hotel and had a browse round the different galleries. Our next stop was Borough Market. It was very busy but we had been told by Ali that we must have a prawn wrap from Applebee's followed by an amazing donut washed down with prosecco. I can highly recommend the market - there was loads of food to choose from and it all looked amazing!

We struggled to decide what to do with our afternoon, and ended up heading on the underground to the King's Road for a wander and a cup of tea before going back to the hotel to change for dinner.

Ali & Robin had booked us a table at Gaucho Piccadilly for dinner (their treat - thanks guys!) and the food was amazing - we all had steaks. The only negative was the seating. We all struggled to get comfortable as the seats were pretty low and there wasn't space for our long legs under the table. After Gaucho we walked along to The Comedy Store. We managed to get seats in the front row and despite this, Rick & I weren't spoken to by the compere or the comedians... pretty disappointing! Ali & Robin had a grilling though which was amusing!

We had a very lazy Sunday morning, checking out at 11am before going to The Refinery for brunch. I tried to be healthy and had avocado on brown bread. It was pretty yum but a measly portion given the price. I think I should have gone with the Eggs Benedict which looked amazing!!

After saying our goodbyes - Ali & Robin had to leave for their flight after brunch - we went to Bond Street to do a bit of shopping. I could have quite easily have gone crazy - there were so many cool shops, but we didn't have much space for taking things home in our luggage which was a blessing in disguise to my bank balance. After shopping we went to Heathrow to catch our flight home.

I vlogged the weekend, which you can see below...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Beauty with a Conscious

I volunteer most weeks with the Prince and Princess of Wales hospice, located in Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, where I deliver a mindfulness m...