Saturday 11 October 2014

{Hair & Beauty: Paul Mitchell & New CID}

Do you remember my lovely friend Lorna who was one of the dancers for the Commonwealth Games Opening Ceremony? Well I sent Lorna off to Blythswood Square for some pampering on my behalf...

My mission since I chose to accept it was to attend a pamper evening on Sarah’s behalf. Needless to say I didn’t take much persuading to attend! Being 8 months pregnant with a 12 month old I’ve practically forgotten what the word pamper means so I jumped at the opportunity. I certainly won’t do this blog as much justice as our Glasgow Mummy but here goes.

I arrived at the opulent Blythswood Square eager to test out a few new products after a hard day at work. The event was run by Paul Mitchell luxury hair care and New CID cosmetics. After being handed a glass of bubbles (which I obviously couldn’t demolish!) I was offered at seat at the hair area where the lovely Sindy from Hely Hair straightened, backcombed and dressed my hair to give height and volume. 





She gave me some great tips on maintaining fuller and healthier looking hair, which is especially useful for me having suffered the usual rapid hair loss following pregnancy. This advice included:

* Use dry shampoo at night to prolong hair condition between washes
* Use a heat protector spray like Paul Mitchell’s Hot Off the Press before straightening
* Use a good quality straightener like the Neuro straightener which allows you to set the required temperature for your hair
* Tilt the straightener slightly to give shape and reduce frizz
* Lightly spray the roots with hairspray before backcombing using Paul Mitchell’s Stay Strong spray
* Invest in a good backcombing brush and backcomb at least half way down the back of your head, not just the crown.

During the lesson I was treated to steak and mini fish and chips canapés - I could cope with this treatment any night of the week. Certainly a nice change from high chair tantrums and baby food carpet stains. It was just a shame it was a Wednesday night and I was all dressed up with nowhere to go!

I then had a browse around the tables at some of the hair and beauty products on offer including Christmas gift sets. They even do a gift set for four legged friends called John Paul Pet!

Lastly, I was interested to try out a few of the new CID cosmetics on offer. I have previously had a makeover at the new CID salon in St Enoch Square and was impressed by the quality and longevity of the make up. The company was founded in 2005 and have focused on developing new colours and innovative packaging on their products, such as a mirror and light in their lip gloss. The products are priced similarly to ranges like MAC and Benefit however you can’t buy them in usual stockists like Boots and Frasers so they have more of an exclusive feel.

I left with my goody bag of a candle, tea tree shampoo, serum and lip wand - all in all a great feel good end to the evening. I will happily take on any other mission like this (have I hinted enough?!) :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beauty with a Conscious

I volunteer most weeks with the Prince and Princess of Wales hospice, located in Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, where I deliver a mindfulness m...