Tuesday 16 September 2014

{No7 colour matching lipstick service}

 I was invited along to Boots at Glasgow Fort to try their new No7 Match Made Lipstick Service.


Pamela talked me through the process of finding your perfect lipstick colour, and I was loving that the whole thing was rather scientific...

The No7 Match Made device (or "doofer"as Pamela referred to it!) was used to read my skin colour and matched it to a shade of foundation. Readings are taken from both sides of your face near the jawline, because if you drive like me, then one side of your face will get the sun more than the other. Something I hadn't even considered.

I was found to be Cool Ivory.

Armed with this knowledge, I was then able to grab the card for my skin colour which detailed all the lipsticks that would suit my skin tone.

Pamela tried out two different lipsticks on me - a neutral colour to start with, and then a bright pink. Both of the lipsticks really suited my colouring and I would have happily worn both. But I was drawn more to the brighter of the two. From the comments on Instagram, it would appear that my friends & followers think the colour suits me too.


The Stay Perfect lipstick goes on really easily, it's sort of got a creamy texture compared to some lipsticks I have which are more matte and as such it feels quite moisturising. I wore it to a wedding at the weekend and it didn't last as long as I thought it would as it wore off in the centre of my lips, but it looked good nonetheless and I was able to top up my lippy after the dinner.

I just love the colour!! Apparently people would pay for lips like mine and I'm very lucky ;-)

For each skin tone, there are a selection of shades that are recommended. For Cool Ivory for example, there are 12 Moisture Drench lipsticks and 6 Stay Perfect lipsticks in a range of colours.

Whilst I was there, I may have also bought two new No7 nail polishes... which I of course needed to match my dress for the wedding I was at!

Thank you Pamela at No7 at Boots Glasgow Fort.

I was given a complimentary lipstick for the purpose of this review. Opinions as always honest and are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beauty with a Conscious

I volunteer most weeks with the Prince and Princess of Wales hospice, located in Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, where I deliver a mindfulness m...