Saturday 22 March 2014

{Motivation}

I've been lacking in motivation to get back into shape.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have much to lose... just 10 or maybe 11 lbs.

I know I'll be happier when I get back to my target again, but does that motivate me... nope, it does not.

I also know what I need to do... because I've done it before.

Eat less, move more.

Simple, you'd think?

I'm hoping as the weather improves I'll get back out running...

But I also need someone to shout at me and tell me to stop eating all the cake (& sweets, chocolate, pastries...).

Seriously, you'd better be quick or there will be none left!




2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your goal - though I have to say I think you look great!

    I have a lot more to lose than your goal - but since May 2013 I have lost 11.5 kg/almost 2 stone. Ideally I would like to lose another 2-3 stone. It's been a up and down journey (mostly because I still like treats at the weekend!) but I would say that I am prouder of my outlook towards food, just as much as how the numbers have dropped and my measurements have decreased. I feel more confident in myself, I notice that I am fitter (though I am under no illusion that I am still fatter than I want to be and my BMI is still out of the 'normal' range) and I think more about my food choices day-to-day. I think it's partly because I live in a place where I want to get out and explore, and I have a 40 minute walk to work that's along a pretty canal, so exercise doesn't seem a chore. When I wasn't working I was swimming 4 times a week which meant I was toning up fast. Since Christmas the loss has been slower, but I'm ok with that. I've been really motivated by joining myfitnesspal to log calories and exercise - would that work for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no motivation either, it's appalling! We should go running together

    ReplyDelete

Beauty with a Conscious

I volunteer most weeks with the Prince and Princess of Wales hospice, located in Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, where I deliver a mindfulness m...