Thursday 16 January 2014

{#JanuaryJoy - try a new trend}


Florence Finds #JanuaryJoy prompt for today is 'try a new trend'.

I'm not really one for trends, preferring to stick to classic pieces or looks.

However, in the hamper I received for winning the People Loves Glasgow Instagram competition, I found an orangey-red lipstick.

It might not be a new trend, as I'm sure neon orange lips have been on the fashion scene for a while now, but I thought I'd give it a whirl.


Here's the lipstick I got, from Cargo Cosmetics in the colour Sedona:


Sedona is a bright coral colour, but unfortunately I'm not sure this photo represents the colour all that well!

And here I am wearing it, again it looks more red in the photo when in actual fact it's more orange. 

I have to say I'm not convinced... but that's possibly because I never wear bright lipstick. I would either have neutral lips or possibly at a push a plum colour.

I think my pout is sizeable enough without drawing attention to it with a bright orange colour!

I'm not ruling it out completely, but I'm just not sure of it... yet.

What are your thoughts, orange lips - yay or nay?

2 comments:

  1. It's LUSH! Not many people suit a bright lip but you certainly do.. give it a whirl! x

    ReplyDelete

Beauty with a Conscious

I volunteer most weeks with the Prince and Princess of Wales hospice, located in Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, where I deliver a mindfulness m...