Monday 27 January 2014

{#JanuaryJoy - tidy up}











Today's #JanuaryJoy prompt is to 'tidy up'.

I'm taking this to mean a few things...tidy up the house & get organised...tidy up my mind & get motivated for the year ahead...and tidy up my appearance.

Here are my thoughts on each:

1. Continue to declutter the house - in particular tackling the main areas prone to getting messy...my desk, my walk-in cupboard, the shed/out-house and on top of my microwave (dumping ground for mail etc!). I bought two pieces if furniture from Gumtree last week & as such I've now got a few extra drawers to store my bits & pieces.

My £15 mahogany chest of drawers
My £10 mahogany tall boy!





















The mess that has collected on top of the microwave!
















2. This month I ended my relationship with my counsellor. After 7 months, I feel ready to go it alone.

Lots for me to think about & one thing I am going to take on board is writing stuff down in a book rather than e-lists. Hopefully it'll let me keep a clear head!

Susan's parting words to me were 'Enjoy Life' and I intend on doing just that.

3. I'm currently sat at my desk feeling like a plucked chicken! I hate getting waxed - it hurts like hell, but as awful as this may be, I do feel more confident when I'm waxed, nails polished & hair done. I've been a bit rubbish at keeping my nails done, which I'm annoyed about because for a while I was really good and kept my nails looking lovely for ages (as part of my 35 at 35 list).

My recommendation would be Stephanie at Beauty in the Basement, Kano. I occasionally get gelish nails done and Stephanie is brilliant. She's the only beautician I have used who's gelish nails last for over a week, sometimes 10 days. Other places I've been to, at least one of the nails starts to peel off after a couple of days. Stephanie's spray tans are also brilliant. She also does 'Tuesday Treats' and runs some really good deals. Definitely one for Glasgow Southsiders to check out :)

I'm also linking up with Kate on Thin Ice's #groovymums blog linky... making small steps to improve my life.




2 comments:

  1. Good Luck with the next chapter.
    Liking your furniture finds.
    In my house any surface ends up like your microwave - quite overwhelming sometimes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your doing well and well done on that bargain furniture! #Groovymums

    ReplyDelete

Beauty with a Conscious

I volunteer most weeks with the Prince and Princess of Wales hospice, located in Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, where I deliver a mindfulness m...