Tuesday 21 January 2014

{#JanuaryJoy - read something new}


I have no excuses for today's #JanuaryJoy prompt, 'read something new', because R bought me a Kindle Fire for my birthday. I've never owned a laptop or tablet device before aside from my iPhone, so it's going to take a bit of getting used to. I'm already loving it, but I'm keeping it a secret from the kids as I know they would quickly become obsessed with it.

So far I've watched a few episodes of Breaking Bad on the Netflix app, but I'm yet to actually read a book on it!

Last year for #JanuaryJoy 'read a new book' I talked about some of the self help books I had purchased, and I have to admit I've still not read them all. I particularly should read the one titled 'Just Get On With It'!

Although I was recommended a book by my good friend Ailsa, 'the five people you meet in Heaven' which I finished... and my friend Kath sent me a book called 'Ursula, Under' which is still on my bedside cabinet. This is next on my list to read, and then after I've finished that... I'll start investigating the Kindle books. I bet Bex at Olive Dragonfly will have some recommendations!

This weekend I've scheduled a duvet day... the kids will be with their dad and I've literally zero in my diary. I can't wait! Perhaps I might do a bit of reading as I relax with a cuppa in bed!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Beauty with a Conscious

I volunteer most weeks with the Prince and Princess of Wales hospice, located in Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, where I deliver a mindfulness m...