Sunday 22 December 2013

{35 at 35: #ShareAdvent Afternoon Tea, Done!}

For today's #ShareAdvent topic, 'mulling', I'm going to share with you the details of the festive afternoon tea I hosted in my new house.

It's the last #35at35list item that I'm going to be able to tick off this year :-)

I had planned to have a lavender-themed afternoon tea party in my new house as a civilised house warming party and had pinned a whole host of inspiring pictures here of lavender hot chocolate, lilac macarons and blueberry cupcakes...

Anyway, I ended up deciding that a festive afternoon tea would be much easier, and I went ahead and organised a child-friendly afternoon for a few friends.

We had cheese & crackers, puff pastry canapes, warm mulled wine from the slow cooker and mince pies with Baileys cream. Yum!

The cheese & pate


Kids hard at work cutting out pastry shapes for our goats cheese and onion chutney puffs!

The living room, complete with "roaring fire"!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beauty with a Conscious

I volunteer most weeks with the Prince and Princess of Wales hospice, located in Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, where I deliver a mindfulness m...