I've been working on getting the house organised as much as I can and trying to pack sensibly.
Here are some tips that I've discovered so far, and I'm hoping that you'll share some more with me so that I have a smooth transition!
1. Make a list (well, you know me - I love a list!!)
2. If you've time, then sift through your stuff and discard of any broken toys, make a pile of things to take to the charity shop etc. I've also got some furniture that I'm going to sell on Gumtree.
3. Make sure you have enough boxes, parcel tape and bubble wrap. I've bought some boxes from Ikea to get me started and some bubble wrap from B&Q. But I've subsequently acquired some boxes from my dad and found that the bubble wrap was much cheaper on eBay.
4. Pack sensibly... don't make the boxes too heavy and start early - it's going to take longer than you think.
5. Label your boxes! It's important to make it clear which boxes contain breakables and those that are load-bearing that can be stacked. If you can, perhaps get two different colours of parcel tape.
6. Prepare an overnight bag of clothes & toiletries (or in my case it might be a bag to last a week!) for everyone in the family and those everyday essentials - for me this will include the kids special cups, favourite teddies/blankets etc.
7. Pack one room at a time.
8. Make sure you keep important documents together and in a safe place.
9. If you're using a removals company, do ensure you book your slot in advance! I'm in the process of getting this organised, even though I don't know what the destination of the belongings will be!!
10. When stressed out and worrying... put your feet up for five with a cup of tea (or a G&T, preferably Hendricks!). And remember to breathe!
What are your tips for a stressless moving day?