Saturday 15 June 2013

{Smitten Saturday}

Glasgow Mummy

My good friends Rhona and Dawn have introduced me to metafit this week - I'm not sure if smitten is the right word, but I'm definitely sold.


The 30 minute workout needs no kit, hardly any space and provides you with an intense workout in half the time, giving you the freedom to carry on with a busy lifestyle.

Ideal for a busy working mum like myself!

Apparently, during the half-hour session you can expect to burn around 150 calories, but if you work yourself hard enough then you'll continue to burn up to 500 calories in the following 24 hours.

Basically there's a quick warm up, then there are rounds of short high intensity exercises such as push-ups, planks, burpees (I hate them!) and squats with short rest periods between each round, followed by a cool down at the end.

It's hard work, but it's over so quickly that it's manageable and it's up to you how much you want to push yourself.

I've done a quick google and there are classes all over Glasgow; I think there are even outdoor classes at Bellahouston Park.

What are you smitten with this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beauty with a Conscious

I volunteer most weeks with the Prince and Princess of Wales hospice, located in Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, where I deliver a mindfulness m...