Turns out I've done a similar meme to this one before, but I shall participate anyway.
The rules are that you have to share 11 facts about yourself, answer 11 questions that have been asked (in my case by @SM75), ask 11 questions and then tag 11 other bloggers to participate.
So here goes...
1. I have a cat called Onion. His brother Pickle lives with my sister, @the_grey_house
2. My favourite colour is grey
3. I love being the hostess
4. I miss my mum
5. I take my tea with milk, no sugar. I don't drink coffee
6. I have a PhD
7. I love stationery
8. I'm addicted to cakes and sweets
9. I rarely iron
10. I'm scared of spiders
11. I don't like driving (I've put 'go on an advanced driving course' onto my 35 at 35 list in an attempt to improve my confidence)
11 questions for me
1. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging in June 2011. My friend Becky had been blogging about her wedding planning and I thought it would be good to share some of the things that I've been learning on my journey through motherhood. There's a bit of parenting, shopping, DIY, fashion, art & craft... all the things that I love.
2. Do you have any secrets you will go to your grave with?
No - I'm rubbish at keeping secrets.
3. If people could read your mind, what would surprise them?
Nothing. I'm pretty transparent and share most things - see answer to question above!
4. What one thing would you change about yourself and why?
My sausage fingers and wrinkly neck
5. If you were to have another child, what would you name him/her and why?
Harrison and Sophie were two names that I had picked out, but I won't be having anymore children. After the experience of being ill with obstetric cholestasis during both my pregnancies, delivering at 33 weeks with my son and then the tough year I had after his birth - I don't think I could copy physically and emotionally with another pregnancy/tiny baby. I'm very lucky to have two healthy, happy toddlers.
6. Have you ever left a restaurant without paying?
No, I'm far too honest.
7. Where's the best holiday you have ever had and why?
I've been on a few amazing holidays. One of my favourites was South Africa.
A photograph I took of an elephant when my then fiance & I were on safari
8. As you've moved into adulthood, have you become like your mum or dad?
I think I have traits from both my parents - thoughtfulness and creativeness from my mum and my technical and scientific abilities from my dad. I grew up thinking I had pretty cool parents, so I'd be happy if I was like them.
9. What's the one thing in your life that, if you died because of it, people who knew you well would just shrug and say "well, I'm not surprised"?
Eating too much chocolate, cake or sweets.
10. What's the one food you hate more than any other?
I'm not a fan of eating meat or fish on the bone.
11. Who was the baddie in any childhood nightmares you used to have?
If I'm honest I can't remember... I'd have to ask my dad and see if he knows.
11 questions from me
I'm going to be lazy and re-use the same questions I set last time round (please forgive me folks - I'm really busy!).
1. Have you ever been pulled over by the traffic police?
2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?3. What is your favourite flavour of crisps?4. What's the last movie you watched?5. What is your favourite thing to wear?6. What does your last text message say?7. What were you doing at 12 noon yesterday?8. What is your most treasured memory?9. What do you think is the single best decision you've made in your life so far?10. Do you have a pet?11. What is on your bedside table?
1. Ali at The Grey House
2. Roz at The Olive Dragonfly
3. Crysta at A Hat Full of Wool
5. Lauren at Living in a Boxx
6. Laura at Life as an Hourglass
7. Clareybear at Its Ups and Downs
8. Kate at The Naked Mum
9. The Rambling Pages
10. Lauren at You Big Eejit
11. Wee Scottish Wedding
Over to you...