Tuesday 6 November 2012

{November}

Can you believe that it's November already!?! Not only November, but 6th November!!! Seriously... where has the time gone!?


October was a busy, busy month... and thankfully things have quietened down now in the Glasgow Mummy house and we're getting back into our usual routine. 

The kids are with their dad three nights a week, and whilst I'm glad of the rest (I need it!) and the me-time (catching up on laundry, meeting friends for coffee, time at the gym...) I'm finding that I really miss them. I arrived at work this morning and my colleague was filling me in on the lovely day she had with her daughter at the zoo and I nearly started crying at my desk. Don't get me wrong, it's such hard work with an 18 month old and a 3 year old... they're at that awkward age where they're yet to become good company and I struggle to do certain outings with them on my own. But I feel a bit lost when they're not around, so I'm finding that I'm keeping myself busy to keep my mind off things. Yesterday though I actually put my feet up and had a proper rest - I watched Alfie (Jude Law - yes please!) and then Dirty Dancing. I think that's why I'm feeling a bit 'meh' today... I had too much time to think yesterday!


In other news I'm getting a cat... yes, you read right - a cat! I'm thinking it might help cure my loneliness. Although we'll have to see how I go as I'm allergic to cats (I know, I think I might be a bit insane at the moment! haha!!). My sister has two cats, called Pickle & Onion. I had initially planned to get a cute little brown cat and call it Branston (awww!) but Ali has offered to let me take Onion for a while rather than commit to a new cat. Pickle & Onion don't get on terribly well, so we're thinking Onion will be less grumpy when he's with me, and away from Pickle! Watch this space to see how we get on...!!! 

2 comments:

  1. The cat sounds like a fine idea to me. Mine are called Razzle and Dazzle and have kept me relatively sane with all that has gone on since June.
    It must be tough carrying off the co-parenting thing well especially with emotions at play too.
    Take care and hoping to be in touch far more now the new chapter has started for me after the rotten last few months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate. Yes, thoroughly enjoying having Onion around. He's sat at my feet right now as I type!

      Delete

Beauty with a Conscious

I volunteer most weeks with the Prince and Princess of Wales hospice, located in Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, where I deliver a mindfulness m...