Friday 20 July 2012

{What I've Been Up To}

I've been a bit quiet lately, mainly because I've been so busy!

I thought I'd fill you in on what I've been up to with the help of some photographs. In addition to my day job where I work Monday - Wednesday, here's what's been happening in the life of Glasgow Mummy...

We've been on lots of trips to local parks (weather permitting of course) where we've played on swings and splashed about in muddy puddles.

(I had to take him home in just his nappy and jacket as he fell over and got absolutely covered!!)


I've drunk far too many cups of tea....

(My current favourite mug!)

We've had great fun at playgroup...


We supported Andy Murray at Wimbledon (despite the fact we didn't have a tennis racket, just a squash one!)...


I've been doing more DIY and have painted my daughter's new bedroom a fab dusky pink colour...


I've also had a few (too many!cocktails and nice meals out...

Personal Shopping with my sister Alison at House of Fraser! Cheers!!

Afternoon Tea with the girls from work!

What have you been up to and what have I missed? :-)



4 comments:

  1. There is no such thing as too much tea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just came upon your blog, and look forward to getting to know you :) I just found out in May that my husband of 15 yrs was involved in a long term affair (with a former high school girlfriend, with whom he had reconnected through Facebook) - brought to my attention by the husband of his mistress. I was completely blindsided and truly had no idea (he travels a lot for his job, giving him the perfect cover, and unfortunately, he's just a really talented liar). Our marriage ended that day, and now we're trying to create a new relationship, as co-parents to our two beautiful girls (ages 8 and 13) - sharing custody 50/50 (one week with me, the other with him).

    In addition to breathing in and breathing out, I'm also trying to figure out what my new role in life is going to be after focusing on "wife/mother/taking care of the family" for so long.

    Everyone keeps telling me how strong I am, and that they'd never be able to react to the same situation with as much strength and grace ~ My response to that is, I've always put my children first, it shouldn't be surprising that I'd continue to do so, especially now. It's their emotional well being that I'm focused on now, as I find some way to heal my heart, and start the next chapter of my life somehow.

    ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maureen,
      I'm so sorry to hear of your situation. What is it with men!?! Although I'm sure there are also plenty of women out there who do the cheating too... I too keep getting told that I've handled my situation so well, but like you, you do what you have to do for the children. Here's to new chapters and new beginnings. Sarah :-)

      Delete

Beauty with a Conscious

I volunteer most weeks with the Prince and Princess of Wales hospice, located in Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, where I deliver a mindfulness m...