Thursday 5 July 2012

{On the Up}

My ButtonI don't want to tempt fate, but I think things are on the up! I've been through a pretty rough time lately, and on top of all the relationship stuff, there has been all the other bits and pieces that fell apart too.

Today I had was given the gift of another compliment from a random stranger. This time it was two ladies in my local park. I stopped briefly as my little ones were interested in seeing the dogs they were walking and we got chatting. One of them was telling me what lovely teeth I had and that I had an amazing smile. It was all very bizarre, and a bit embarrassing, but lovely all the same and I walked off feeling much better about myself. My confidence is improving, definitely.


I'm still in the process of moving my kiddies into separate rooms, but I'm forcing myself to go to bed earlier (8pm last night I was in bed!) and that's helping massively too. I'm still getting a number of wake-up calls during the night, but if I go to bed early enough I can cope better!

My boiler has been fixed, my iPhone is now back in my possession and working perfectly *touch wood* and my car has also been repaired. Phew!

{image source}
I've not been doing much in the way of exercise recently and I think that it has been affecting my mood. So on Tuesday morning this week, when the kids were with their daddy, I got up at 6am (yes, six o'clock in the morning!) and went for a quick 3 mile run before going to work. I'm going to try and make this my new routine. I was shattered by Tuesday night, but I did feel much better for getting some much needed exercise. My diet has been pretty appalling, but I am aware of this and need to try harder. It's basically down to me being lazy and I've been eating far too many processed foods

I've got a few social things (was going to call them events, but I'm not sure what qualifies for an event!) in my diary coming up - the girls are coming round this weekend for pizza and wine, I've got another personal shopping trip with my sister next week (@the_grey_house, who has nothing to do with 50 Shades of Grey lol!!), and I'm also going for afternoon tea soon with all the girls at my work - I find that having things organised ahead of time makes a big difference and it's great to have things to look forward to. I was out with some new friends on Saturday night this weekend and had a great night. My little ones were thankfully with their daddy on Sunday as I was in bed for most of the day... oh dear! I am well and truly a lightweight!


For all you other 'Grooving Mums' out there, do join in over at Kate on Thin Ice.

For now, over and out!! :-)



3 comments:

  1. Lovely upbeat post. You deserve happiness and yes, like me, I think getting back on track with diet and exercise can only help

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear that things feel like they're on the up. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya from a new reader - glad that you're feeling positive, long may it continue! x

    ReplyDelete

Beauty with a Conscious

I volunteer most weeks with the Prince and Princess of Wales hospice, located in Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, where I deliver a mindfulness m...