Wednesday 16 May 2012

{Fabulous Finds: Father's Day}

It's Father's Day on the 17th June this year. Here is my round up of some gift ideas for the daddies out there as part of my Fabulous Finds series.


For those of you local to Glasgow, you can have a child's handprint put onto a mug, plate etc at Rouken Glen Park. I've previously purchased mugs and heart shaped plates with both kids handprints on as Christmas gifts for family members, but equally these would make a very cute and thoughtful Father's Day gift.

Another thoughtful gift that I've previously purchased are personalised cufflinks. How cute are these!

Personalised Cufflinks, Notonthehighstreet.com

I have also previously gifted a personalised plectrum with the words 'Dad You Rock!' on it. Perfect for music lovers.

Personalised Guitar Pick by Divinestampings on etsy

Why not check out these amazing miniature architectural models of iconic buildings by Chisel and Mouse, including a few from Glasgow, such as the School of Art below. Ideal for dad's who are into design and architecture. I think these models would also make such a thoughtful wedding gift, for example if the couple met in Glasgow, or even better, whilst studying at the School of Art. There are a range of buildings available and the models are made here in the UK.


Or how about a travel wallet for the globe trotting dads? This one is from John Lewis (one of my favourite shops!). You can't go wrong with classic black leather.


And of course, not forgetting all the handmade gifts and nice gestures that you can do, such as Father's Day Room Service...


Or you could make a handprint tree like this one...


My final idea is a photograph of your little one, presented in a frame. You can buy large 3D letters in Hobbycraft that could be used to recreate this idea...


Do you have any other fabulous Father's Day ideas, gifts or suggestions?

5 comments:

  1. It's such a cute idea isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow brilliant ideas there! I love the idea of the frame at the end and I have three children so that might just be the perfect thing thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blog is very informative and also providing excellent information. I like and i wish many people going to like it alone. Personalised Cufflinks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice pairs of Personalised Cufflinks. They are very beautiful and a very sweet gift. Thanks for this blog.

    ReplyDelete

Beauty with a Conscious

I volunteer most weeks with the Prince and Princess of Wales hospice, located in Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, where I deliver a mindfulness m...