Sunday 15 April 2012

{Packing away the steriliser...}

My little baby daughter turns one in exactly 1 week... just 7 days to go! The other day I gave her cow's milk in her bottle as I'm nearing the end of the box of formula, and today I'm packing away the steriliser. I was very much looking forward to reaching this milestone... no more formula milk and no more sterilising... but on reflection, I shouldn't have been wishing her baby days over so quickly and I'm rather sad that she's nearly a toddler (she's cruising round furniture now and I'm sure it won't be long until she's toddling about!) and not my little baby anymore.

Today was also another milestone - her first trip in a big girl car seat!

She's becoming very independent - wants to feed herself and desperate to get up on her feet to join in with her big brother. It's lovely to watch them play together, hide and seek is a favourite with my bedroom curtains!

On Saturday we are having an afternoon tea party for the birthday girl - do come back here to see the photographs from the day and find out more about the birthday cake (I'm making it myself, with a little help from Mrs Jones, as part of my 35 at 35 list).

I thought I'd share a few of her photographs from the last year...

An hour old!

First trip to Aberdeen to visit my family

First taste of food

Tummy time

Worn out after all the excitement at Christmas in her LBD

Sitting up unaided for the first time

In a trolley for the first time (not looking very impressed!)

First time in a swing

Making a mess with yoghurt!

Climbing up stairs last weekend for the first time!







6 comments:

  1. such gorgeous pictures! she looks mega cute sitting up for the first time! xxx
    http://honeysmummy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. The months whizz past so quickly, especially when they are tiny. Lovely pictures, and I'm looking forward to the details & photos of your cake & birthday celebrations xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all do the same thing...can't wait till they get to the next milestone, then promptly want to turn the clock back

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all for the lovely comments. One of my jobs for today is to make my daughter an appliqued number 1 t-shirt, but it's now 1pm and I've still not made a start on it yet!! Kids will be back here at 4ish so I had better get a move on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah such cuteness captured in these gorgeous pics. Wow that first year goes by so quickly. For me the second didn't go by as quickly but then out of nowhere Youngling turned 3. What was that about! arent they precious xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is adorable. So many milestones x

    ReplyDelete

Beauty with a Conscious

I volunteer most weeks with the Prince and Princess of Wales hospice, located in Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, where I deliver a mindfulness m...