Monday 28 November 2011

{Fabulous Finds: Blogging Resources}


I thought I would share with you some of the fabulous websites I've found for blogging resources. I love Photoshop, Illustrator (still a beginner) and all things digital design. I'm hoping to spend a bit more time styling my blog posts as it's one of the things I really enjoy about having my own blog - making it all look pretty and nice.

First up is Shabby Blogs. This is where I found the banner that I use for my blog - all I had to do was add my own photos. Shabby Blogs also have cute buttons, backgrounds and other free blogging resources and have some tutorials also on how to use them. (The notepad above is from 'post pretties' over at Shabby Blogs - I added some text using Photoshop).

I've been signed up for Pugly Pixel emails for a while now and there is always great inspiration and freebies. I like these free PSD blog photo templates and plan to start using them for my posts.

Free blog photo templates from Pugly Pixel


Another site I've come across is hot biggity blog. I'm very pleased with the free pink flocked background that I found here... they have loads to choose from! I'm not great with html but I somehow managed to get it to work! It doesn't look great on my mobile though so I'll need to see if I can tweak it a bit.

vol. 25 has some amazing bits and pieces. I've bought one of their card templates for my Christmas cards this year and I personally think it looks fantastic. Again, there are a few freebies. Non-blog related are the Christmas gift tags below. Love brown wrapping paper!




Makin' cute Blogs also have some great tutorials and freebies. The Background Fairy has some fab free stuff for your blog too.





Pixels & IceCream have some fab freebies too, like these brushes for PS. There are also tonnes of patterns, papers, overlays etc.



My first stop for free fonts has always been dafont and they have a massive selection of all sorts of fonts... fancy, script, techno.... I have a few favourites... sweetie pie is one of them! How cute!!


I'm also liking 'home & hearth' by Heather T.


I could play about all day with clip art and fonts if I had the time!

I just want to add at this point for those of you that are, like me, new to blogging, I'd recommend the free e-courses provided by @littlemummy_com and @scottish_mum. Both provide tips & tricks and info on blogging basics via e-mail.

As always, please let me know what you think :-)


2 comments:

  1. Love these posts. Always inspirational and helpful. I used Shabby Blogs for my header too, I think their site is a brilliant free resource. Off to check off some of your other suggestions. Like the look of the pugly pixel photo templates. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that Shabby Blog one is brilliant! Thank you. I feel a blog revamp coming along very soon.

    ReplyDelete

Beauty with a Conscious

I volunteer most weeks with the Prince and Princess of Wales hospice, located in Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, where I deliver a mindfulness m...