Tuesday 22 September 2015

Holiday Preparation - Swimsuit Shopping

It's not long now until we head to Portugal for our first family holiday. I literally cannot wait - it's going to be amazing!!

However I'm feeling slightly disorganised as I haven't really given much thought to the holiday packing until now. I needed a swimsuit - it's been forever since I've been on a holiday in the sun! I decided to head to House of Fraser in the hope that they would have something suitable. I struggle to get swimsuits that are long enough as I'm pretty tall (just under 6 foot!). The sales assistant recommended I try on a Biba swimsuit and I ended up buying one! It's a gorgeous black swimsuit with gold detail on the straps. The ruched material over the tummy area makes it flattering for my mum tum. 

My bathroom scales had broken and I've only just replaced them. I stepped on the scales & was so disappointed to find that I've put on nearly a stone and I'm back where I started in Nov last year. I was doing so well and was happy with my size but then I got so busy at work and stopped going to the gym classes. I've a few weeks to get back on track and try to tone up a little before the holiday!! The one area that I'm just not happy with is my thighs. Perhaps one of these wrap things that you can get done at a spa might help as a quick fix? Has anyone tried them?

1 comment:

  1. How long until the holiday? I'm off tomorrow for a weekend away with the girls and after a two month absence from the gym, decided to give myself a telling off last week and have been back on it.
    I can't believe the difference in just a week but things I have done:
    2 x per week really heavy leg session, lifting as heavy as possible (the soreness makes you feel like your thighs are rock hard and no longer wobbly!) in addition to ad;y 30 minute HIIT workouts at home (google Gillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and you can follow it at home).
    4 litres of water a day
    Eating a high protein big breakfast each morning

    Honestly, the difference in just a week is amazing and I'm going away feeling a lot more confident. I know I shouldn't care and I try not to crash diet or do anything extreme food wise (still eating my 1800-2000 cals a day).

    Have a lovely holiday xxx

    ReplyDelete

Beauty with a Conscious

I volunteer most weeks with the Prince and Princess of Wales hospice, located in Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, where I deliver a mindfulness m...