Friday 10 October 2014

{Ideas for the October Holidays - Days Out & Things to Do}

I thought I'd share a few ideas for days out and things to do with the kids for the October holidays, in no particular order I might add...

Fingers crossed for some dry weather!

1. Kelburn Castle, Country Centre and Estate - they have a magical Secret Forest!!! I know that my littlest would *love* this. I'm sure I've been here as an adult, bc (before children). But I must take my kiddies back to have a look themselves.

2. Briarlands Farm - the kids and I  have been here once before and we all had a blast. I can highly recommend it.


3. Heads of Ayr Farm Park - we've also been to this farm and loved it too! Loads to do and you could easily spend a whole day here.


4. M&Ds Theme Park - again, the one time that we visited M&Ds we had so much fun! I think if I was to go back, we'd spend a bit more time and visit Amazonia too.


5. The Helix - this is on my list of places to visit. Once my son is a bit more competent on his bike, I think we'll head here to do some of the family bike rides.\

6. Whitelee Wind Farm - also on my list is the wind farm at Eaglesham. There's a visitor centre with an exhibition and cafe plus trails to go cycling round that I believe are suitable for a leisurely cycle plus more adventurous riders.

7. Enchanted Forest - we're going here this month for Scotland's award winning sound and light show and we're super excited! All Saturday night shows have now been sold out but there are still tickets available for other evenings. I've never been before, but heard many great things.

8. Kirkcudbright - this was a recommendation from a colleague of mine. Kirkcudbright is set on the edge of the Galloway hills in Dumfries and Galloway. There are plenty of activities to do in this fishing town including a farm park, horse riding, cycling and some museums too.

Any other suggestions folks?

We're actually off to Aberdeen today for a few nights. We have plans to visit Drum Castle for the Exclusively Highlands Meet the Makers event and I also fancy taking the kids to Satrosphere. I have great memories of Satrosphere from when I was a kid, so hopefully mine like it too! We'll also be spending some quality time with my family that are still in the city.

Enjoy the holidays everyone :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beauty with a Conscious

I volunteer most weeks with the Prince and Princess of Wales hospice, located in Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, where I deliver a mindfulness m...