Thursday 10 October 2013

{Ikea - October Holiday Activities}

The other night I was at Ikea Glasgow to pick up a desk and some shelving for my new office space - I had to get organised you see before the BT engineer came along.

I think Ikea can be a bit like Marmite, you either love it or hate it. Unlike Marmite, I do actually like Ikea. The opening hours are good, there is plenty of parking, the restaurant is totally family friendly and I've found the staff to be pretty helpful. I also don't mind doing a bit of DIY and assembling flat pack furniture!

Next week for the October holidays, Ikea Glasgow are running a series of free workshops and entertainment in their restaurant area.


I thought I'd share the details with you here in case you fancied popping along. Unless stated otherwise, the workshops are running from 11.30am until 4pm:

Monday 14th October
Storytelling and drawing a story
Face painting (from 10am - 4pm)

Tuesday 15th October
Colouring in with the Woodland Trust and making robots

Wednesday 16th October
Playing ping pong and cake decorating workshops

Thursday 17th October
Storytelling and Halloween games
Magician (from 10am - 4pm)

Friday 18th October
Giggle yoga
Balloon modeller (from 10am - 4pm)

What do you have planned for the October holidays?

1 comment:

  1. Ooh! Might have to pop along to some of these with H! Was meaning to get to Ikea soon anyway since they will have their autumn-winter stock in now. Also a good excuse to get a tin of their ginger biscuits. I'm addicted to those!

    ReplyDelete

Beauty with a Conscious

I volunteer most weeks with the Prince and Princess of Wales hospice, located in Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, where I deliver a mindfulness m...