Joining in again this week with Kate's Wobbles Wednesday blog hop.
Last week I lost 1 lb, and this week I was neither up nor down. I guess no weight loss is better than a weight gain. If I'm honest, after the blow out I had this weekend I'm pleasantly surprised that I didn't gain a pound or two!
Here's a rundown of what I ate (Friday night through to Sunday night). I'm hoping listing it here will mean I will never do it again!!
- One (large) bag of Percy Pig sweets
- Handful of wine gums
- Porridge, fresh orange & cup of tea (at least there was one healthy meal!)
- Club sandwich & skinny fries
- Three course dinner at a wedding
- Hog roast roll with stuffing and apple sauce (wedding buffet)
- At least 3 or 4 gin & tonics (slimline!)
- 3 glasses of fizz
- Two glasses of wine
- A full Scottish breakfast including black pudding, bacon, sausage...
- Three slices white toast with jam
- Danish pastry
- Lots of cups of tea
- Prawn cocktail baguette with crisps
- Pre-packed watermelon fruit salad
- 2 white Magnums (yes, two!)
- At least 6 mini chocolate muffins, might have been 8!!!
- Another glass of fizz (at wedding #2)
- Fish & chips (second wedding buffet)
I'm rather disgusted with myself!! What also didn't help is that on Monday night I had Glasgow Baking Club and I consumed a tonne of cake, followed by round 2 at work on Tuesday. Even today I ate a small slice of chocolate cake... Really struggling to get out of bad habits cake-wise.
What I am proud of is that this month I have run a grand total of 56.3 miles over 15 outings. I'm guessing that the running is helping improve my metabolism?
I think that My Fitness Pal is definitely making me more aware of what I'm eating, which can only be a good thing. I just need to try and limit my snacks. I'm always fine at breakfast... eating porridge or muesli with fruit and a cup of tea but by mid-afternoon (sometimes even mid-morning!) I'm reaching for a biscuit.
What I have done is visit the supermarket and buy a few little nut, raisin, rice cake snack packs. They're not low calorie, but it's surely better for me to munch on some of those instead of cake & biscuits. This means that at work I have a drawer of healthy-ish snacks that I can choose from. I also have slim-a-soups, a few tins of fruit and some porridge sachets at my desk. It definitely helps to bring in my own lunch rather than visit the canteen where there is even more temptation to buy unhealthy foods.
Right... that's my update for this week. Do pop on over to Kate's post and visit the other blogs that are taking part. Let's see how this week goes!