Monday 7 January 2013

{January Joy - 7th Jan}


Today's task for #JanuaryJoy is to 'overhaul your skin care'.

My skin has been in a terrible state lately. I remember as a teenager having a spotty chin but for the most part as an adult my skin has been really good... that is until now. Urgh, I just hate it - it's starting to get me down.

I spent some time (and money!) at the Lancôme counter recently as part of Glasgow Loves Christmas, and after a month of using the Lancôme Vissionaire Recovery Serum I am starting to see some improvements, but I'm still not feeling confident. 



I'm a subscriber to Psychologies Magazine (thanks to my Tesco clubcard vouchers!) and in this month's issue I came across an article called 'Simple matters - what does your skin need?'. Perfect timing for this post, I thought. According to the writer, Eminé Ali Rushton, there are only 4 things you need for healthy, happy skin: daily cleanser, serum, cream and SPF

My current skin care routine is as follows, and as it turns out I'm not far off the recommended 4 steps above:

| Cleanse |
Dermalogica special cleansing gel - morning and night 
(if I'm struggling to remove my eye make-up at night, I will use a bit of Garnier Clean Sensitive 2 in 1 Waterproof Make-Up Dissolver or baby oil)

| Serum |
Lancôme Vissionaire Recovery Serum

| Moisturiser |
Using either day or night cream depending on the time of day (funny that!). I've got a few different Lanôme tester pots that I'm using right now as well as the Hydra Zen Neutrocalm moisturiser, I also have some Dermalogica skin smoothing cream left.

I've been advised by Laura over at Life as an Hourglass to try Clinique, which she swears by. This is next on my list as I also can't afford to continue to buy Lancôme unfortunately!

| Exfoliate |
For a short while I was using St Ives Apricot Scrub, but for the moment I've not been exfoliating as I thought this is possibly what's been making my skin worse. I did have a small tester pot of Dermalogica daily microfoliant but it's now finished.

| Make-Up |
I used to be able to pop out without make-up on (maybe just a bit of mascara and a smear of lipgloss) but I'm now so paranoid that I've been applying full make-up each day. Perhaps this is where I'm going wrong? So yesterday I reverted back to Bare Minerals instead of MAC liquid foundation for my everyday wear. 


I still need to do something to improve the situation though... any suggestions? What is your skin care routine?? 

P.S. I've become addicted to Tanya Burr's vlogs. She's recommended La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo in her November Beauty Favourites - so I think I might give this a go if I can find it in the shops.

2 comments:

  1. I use a lot of No7 products but have also heard Clinique is good especially for acne prone skin so I am also going to give it a try - life saver for my skin though is sudecream when ever I have a break out! Been using it since my twenties! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd recommend Liz Earle cleanse & polish. All her products are amazing and I've noticed a huge difference in my skin since I started using them about 2 years ago. Have had some compliments too which always a good thing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Beauty with a Conscious

I volunteer most weeks with the Prince and Princess of Wales hospice, located in Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, where I deliver a mindfulness m...