Wednesday 1 August 2012

{Personal Shopping, Take 2}

Back in November last year I went with my sister for a personal shopping trip at House of Fraser. It was such a success that we decided to go again this year.

I thought I'd share with you a couple of the pieces that I bought as one of my Fabulous Finds posts.

Glasgow Mummy

There were a couple of items that I needed for my wardrobe, firstly was a new pair of jeans. I hadn't heard of the brand Salsa before, but let me tell you - these are seriously the most comfortable pair of jeans ever. And the shape is very flattering - I think my bum looks pretty good in them, if I do say so myself!


I also needed a new light weight summer jacket, as my old ones were far too big. I chose this Ted Baker parka:


I also needed a few more tops that could be worn with skirts to work, but also dressed down with jeans. One of my favourites is this one from Oasis, but it's right pain to get it looking good now that it's been washed. I'm rubbish at ironing!! 


Another staple item that I needed was a cardigan (which I really must start taking to work as I've been freezing lately!). I chose two, both from Mint Velvet. The charcoal grey cardigan has a lace feature across the shoulders and back which makes it a little bit different from your average cardigan. 



The black cardigan is also fab and looks great over delicate tops for work, but would equally work well with jeans.

The last item I'm going to share with you is a top that I have already worn to work with my pencil skirt and black cardigan, but equally I'd wear this with jeans at the weekend.


I perhaps went a bit OTT with the spending (I bought way more than the 6 items here!), but they are all pieces of clothing that will last me a long time and I think I've been relatively careful in what I've chosen. I'm hoping that I've picked more classic items rather than going with the trends. Only time will tell....


1 comment:

  1. You have great taste! I am absolutely in love with that Ted Baker parka, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Beauty with a Conscious

I volunteer most weeks with the Prince and Princess of Wales hospice, located in Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, where I deliver a mindfulness m...