Wednesday, 12 October 2011

{My Capsule Wardrobe - Shoes}

I've been working on a capsule wardrobe now for a few weeks and it's my aim to have everything I need before I return to work in January. I'm seeing a Personal Shopper at House of Fraser in November, but in the meantime I've been purchasing a few key items here and there. 

First up is shoes...




During my 1 hour power shop a couple of weeks ago I bought two pairs of boots from M&S, one smart pair and one casual pair. These Autograph ankle boots look great with skinny jeans or black opaque tights. My casual pair are some tan suede Ugg style boots with a faux fur foldover top. Really comfy and cosy.

M&S Autograph Ankle Boots

My M&S Autograph Ankle Boots in Mink

Casual M&S boots

My gold plimsols from Sainsbury's had seen better days and had to be chucked (missing them already) so I've bought these patent ones from Boden as a replacement. I got them in their mid season sale so managed to save a few pounds too which was a bonus. The patent leather is a little stiff, but I'm sure once I've worn them a few times they will be comfortable. They look fab - the sole is mustard coloured too like the lining.


I also needed a new pair of wellies as my previous pair from Office were cracked... I chose these ones from Joules and I love them! The Glasgow weather is notoriously wet and so wellies are a must for winter (who am I kidding, I need them all year round!). Again, I purchased wisely and managed to get them as part of a promotion and saved 20%. I've had a few comments already from passers by when I've been wearing them.


Joules Posh Wellingtons

During the summer I invested in a pair of Gladiator sandals from Boden, again I snapped these up during a sale. I love them! These are my smart sandals and I have two pairs of Birkenstocks for casual wear. I spotted some similar sandals in Sainsbury's supermarket the other day in gold and they were fabulous and a bargain at £5 (or thereabouts, I can't remember the exact amount) but I couldn't justify buying them seeing as I had already got this pair...


I also bought a new pair of trainers for running. Maria sent me to Achilles Heel in Glasgow where they assessed me walking wearing my current trainers and then had me walk in a variety of different trainers to see what fitted me best. The trainers I bought were Asics with a moderate support. 

In addition to these new purchases I've got a few pairs of timeless shoes I already had - classic pair of black patent Mary Janes, sparkly pair of mules, brown knee high boots with heel and flat black knee high boots. I also have other shoes that I rarely wear that are stored in boxes in my hall wardrobe... rainbow wedge sandals from Jones Bootmaker, pink wedge sandals from Next and ballerina pink round toed courts with high heel from Oasis to name a few but I can't bare to part with them. I've also put a few pairs of shoes that I know I will never wear again into a dressing up box for when my daughter is older.


So I think I've got my footwear sorted. I might need to get one pair of new shoes for work, but other than that I'm all set. These are the shoes that I would love, but I'm not sure I can justify the £110 to buy them - seems rather expensive (hubby, if you are reading this I'm a size 42!!).


4 comments:

  1. Loving those wellies, and the animal bow pumps are gorge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent collection of shoes. I am loving the smart boots. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh! *squeals* *drools* A blog post about shoes!
    I love the wellies with the red bows. And the M&S boots. 100% with you on the animal print Boden...they are lovely. (Maybe an early Christmas pressie?!!). I bought a new pair of boots this week. Maybe I'll add a pic of them to my #grooving mums post for next week.

    PS. I tagged you in the Versatile Blogger this week - hope you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments. I had intended on having a small capsule wardrobe, but by the time you consider wellington boots, trainers for running, smart trainers, sandals, work shoes, going out shoes etc... that's a wardrobe full already!!

    @Mummy Plum - would love to see a pic of your new boots #groovingmums

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by aleelily designs | Powered by Blogger.