Saturday 6 August 2011

{Holiday}

Just back from taking my kiddies on a short holiday.  Hubby was too busy with work, so I went with a friend and her three girls (aged 5 months, 2 years and 8 years). We were lucky enough to be able to use a holiday home of my aunt and uncle and it was just perfect. The house has lots of room and the garden was designed with the grandchildren in mind, so it's fully enclosed and child friendly.  My son had an absolute ball! I'm just glad we had good weather!!

Packing the car was an issue - thankfully my husband was able to work from home the day I left to give me a hand (well, he did it all for me if I'm honest!) and I managed to fill the car to the brim... all essential items though in my defence.  Travel cot, double buggy, Moses basket... it all takes up room!

One item I invested in prior to the trip was a Gro Anywhere Blackout Blind.  It's a portable blackout blind that has suction cups to stick to the glass and fits windows up to 130x200 cm.  I had read a few reviews that mentioned the blind falling off too easily, but I've not had any issues with it. It worked a treat and my son slept until 7-7.30am each morning.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Beauty with a Conscious

I volunteer most weeks with the Prince and Princess of Wales hospice, located in Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, where I deliver a mindfulness m...